Become a Museum Member
Benefits for All Members
- Free Admission to the Museum
- 2 guest passes
- 10% off at the Museum Gift Shop
- Subscription to our e-newsletter
- The Dual and Household individual membership packages provide free admission to spouses and family members
Entry Level Museum Memberships
Our entry-level memberships are the perfect place to start. Each level at the entry level will also receive 2 complimentary museum guest tour passes so you can share the museum with friends and/or family.
Enhanced Museum Memberships
- Household Benefits
- 4 additional guest passes
- Quarterly mailing of our Museum Newsletter “Whisperings Around the Inglenook”
- Acknowledgement in our E-newsletter
- Advanced access to event and program tickets
- 1890 House Museum T-Shirt
- 10% discount to all ticketed events
- 1890 House Museum Poster
- Wickwire Crest Acknowledgement Plaque
- Museum Patron Spotlight in “Whisperings Around the Inglenook”
Business Enhanced Memberships
Each level named for the each business journey by Chester Wickwire, from his grocery store on Main Street Cortland that he opened in 1865 with the help of his father Raymond, to the development of the hardware store with his younger brother Theodore, and later the opening of the Wickwire Wire Mills Factory in partnership with Theodore that stood for nearly 100 years.
The Grocery Store – $250
- 1 total hour of free venue rental (museum only)
- 10 guest passes for business employees or clients
The Hardware Store – $500
- 2 total hours of free venue rental (museum/grounds)
- Acknowledgement/Advertisement in “Whisperings Around the Inglenook” Museum Newsletter
The Factory – $1000+
- 3 total hours of free venue rental (museum/grounds/carriage house)
- Prominent recognition on Museum Website
- 10% discount for business employees and customers on Museum memberships, and 1890 Museum events.
Thank you to our Business Members!
Support Cortland's Landmark Building
The impressive collection found throughout the 1890 House Museum offer visitors the opportunity to step back in time to 19th century Cortland. The unique history within our walls tells the stories of the Wickwire family, their servants, and the factory workers who toiled in Wickwire Wire Mills Factory.
We strive to educate and inspire every visitor through diverse programming and exhibitions. With your help, we will preserve this Cortland County landmark for present and future generations.
SUMMER / FALL (May – October)
Thursdays to Saturdays 11 am – 5 pm
Sundays 11 am - 3 pm
Thursdays to Saturdays Noon - 4 pm
37 Tompkins St. Cortland, NY 13045
Telephone: (607) 756 7551